Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Nintendo takes a page out of Apples book!



However, neat and innovative this product seems it has some very peculiar similarities to a certain Apple product line. At first glance you would hardly even know it was part of the Nintendo family, sort of step child to clan. But after playing around on the Wii interface, Zelda (Twilight Princess), and Wii Sports its clear it belongs.

But if we take a close look it gets a little fuzzier… The white glossy finish of the console and Wii-mote remind me of my iPod or white Mac Book. The interactive menu with the “channels” which can tell me the temperature or news (not currently active) can be a mini-clone of the dock and widgets those Appleites have on the OS X. Now if only I could get my iTunes to sink with my Wii console to play songs from my library while I play 9 on the golf course or bowl a few.



After having received my shipment today of the new Nintendo Wii I can honestly say WOW! This console is nothing like the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3, but is in a class alone. The Wii sports takes a note from the Guitar Hero & Dance Dance Revolution’s page as it plays to that crowd of ultra-interactive and entertaining party games. Spend a hour boxing on the Wii Sports and see how tired you are.

Nintendo’s innovation may as a result of implementing current technologies into their next generation console. As similar as they are the Nintendo Wii offers tons of fun with its unique Wii-mote and Nunchuck controls. Once you played with one of these for a while you will leave feeling tired and having a great big grin on your face.

Although I will say this console is not for the hardcore gamer, as it does lack some of the awe inspiring transition clips some of the Xbox and PS3 consoles can perform. What it lacks in power it makes up for in a new creative way to play console games.

The dude abides.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dude is in my house right now. The dude is scared of my cat. The dude is jealous of my wireless network. The dude is the dude anyway, no worries.