Monday, July 09, 2007

Even God Knows About the iPhone

Now that much of the hype of the iPhone has diminished I thought I would be able to escape the craziness that has ensued from the previous two weeks of the climax and intro of the iPhone... I was mistaken.

Recently I attended the funeral of my grandmother and while we were at her burial the pastor was giving a few words about death and the passing of the soul. During his talk he described the wait that she was going to have to participate in before she got into heaven "just like the people were waiting in line for the phone recently."

I was shocked and for a moment my spirits lifted a bit at the comedic humor involved in this situation. Later afterwards I took a moment to comprehend just how far this iPhone phenomena had really gone and asked my dad an aging boomer who only purchased his Razor phone because it was on-sale when he went into the store. He responded by saying that he had heard about the "iPhone" or Apple attempt at getting into the market, but also described it as an overpriced phone for the offerings.

So it seems that Apple has done a good job of getting the word out on their new "baby." I just hope this thing grows up to live up to the hype and expectations.

The Dude Abides.

No comments: